How do I set up my e-mail in Outlook Express version 5, 5.5, or 6?
Tech Note: For Macintosh users of Outlook Express, you will need to be running version 5.0.6 to be able to successfully send e-mail. To upgrade to version 5.0.6, click here.
While you are in Outlook Express:
- Click Tools > Accounts.
- Click the Mail tab at the top.
- Remove any other accounts that you see here that you don’t use. Click on Add > Mail.
- Enter your "display name" — this is that name that appears on all of your outgoing e-mail, click Next
- Enter your Frontier, FrontierNet, Citlink/CTAZ, Newnorth, Epix, or GVNI e-mail address, click Next
- At the top, you should see the following:
My incoming mail server is a POP3 server
Incoming mail (POP3): pop3.frontier.com
Outgoing mail (SMTP): smtp.frontier.com
- For your Internet Mail Logon, you'll need the following settings:
Account Name: your Frontier, FrontierNet, Citlink/CTAZ, Newnorth, Epix, or GVNI e-mail address
A checkmark in "remember password" is okay, however, no other box should be checked; click Next.
- Click "Finish"
- You should now be on the Mail tab portion of the Internet Accounts window. With your Frontier mail account highlighted, click Properties.
- Click the Servers tab at the top of the window.
- In the Outgoing Mail Server section of the page, place a checkmark in the box to the left of My Server Requires Authentication.
- Click the "Settings" button to the right of the "My server requires authentication" statement.
- Under "Logon Information", make sure "Log on using" is selected. Enter your complete Frontier, FrontierNet, Citlink/CTAZ, Newnorth, Epix, or GVNI e-mail address for the "Account name", and enter your password in the "Password" field.
- Click OK > Apply > OK > Close.
- To enable Outlook Express to use SSL, click here. That's it!