High Speed Internet > Gaming & Port Forwarding
I have a SpeedStream 6520 or SE 567. How do I configure the ports for games and applications?
DISCLAIMER: Frontier is not responsible for investigating the appropriate ports to forward for any given application or the functionality of applications after port forwarding has been enabled.
1. Using your web browser, launch the router's Web management interface located at http://192.168.254.254 and log in with the appropriate username and password (frequently, "admin" is both the username and password).
2. Click Security on the lefthand side of the page.
3. Click Address Translation on the lefthand side of the page.
4. Select Port Forwarding (NAPT) and click the Configure link to the right of Port Forwarding (NAPT).
5. Review the list of available applications. If the application you desire is present, click on it to add it to the "Enabled Applications" list - and that's it! If the application you desire is *not* present, click Add a Custom Forwarding Entry.
6. Under Add/Edit entry, select either the service or protocol and TCP/UDP ports, whichever is applicable to your situation. If you select "protocol and TCP/UDP ports", be sure to enter the appropriate range of port numbers for your situation.
7. Select either "redirect selected protocol / service to this router" or "redirect selected protocol / service to IP address", whichever is applicable to your situation. If you select "redirect selected protocol / service to IP address", be sure to enter the appropriate IP address (that to which you are attempting to redirect protocol / service).
8. Click Apply. That's it!