How do I configure my Linksys Wireless-G (WRT54G) router for wireless access?
Note: the following instructions are specifically designed for configuring Linksys routers that have been purchased from Frontier. If you have a Linksys router that has not been purchased through Frontier, these instructions *may* not be applicable, dependent upon your particular Linksys router; contact Linksys for further information.
To configure your Linksys router to access your wireless network:
1. Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Netscape, Firefox, etc. and browse to the following web address: http://192.168.1.1
2. You will be asked to enter both a username and password. By default, the username and password are both "admin".
3. Once you are logged into the Linksys router, find the link labeled "Wireless" and click on it.
4. The heading of "Wireless" will be highlighted and just below it will be a purple line with additional links. Click the "Wireless Security" link.
5. Below the "Wireless Security" link, you will see an option for Security Mode. By default, it is set as "Disabled". Click the drop-down menu for a list of options; we recommend that you use WEP.
6. Now, more fields will appear below the "Security Mode" field. You will be asked for a "Default Transmit Key". Leave this set to "1" for convenience, but if you would like to select another key, you may.
7. In the next field labeled as "Passphrase", type in a password for the router to use. Click the "Generate" button, and keys will be created in the fields below the "Passphrase" field.
8. Select one of the keys, and write it down on a sheet of paper and save it. This is the key that will allow a computer to access your wireless router.
9. After writing down the key, click on "Save Settings". This will enable wireless security. If you are using a wireless connection at this time, your connection will drop.
10. You will now need to configure your wireless computer to connect to your Linksys router, by using the information found here.