Finding The SSID, Channel, And WEP or WPA Encryption In Your Speedstream 6520 or SE 567
1. Connect your PC to your SpeedStream 6520 or SE 567 with an Ethernet adapter or USB, and if necessary, reboot the PC so that it will recognize the connection.
2. Open your Internet browser and type the web address of the router's firmware, http://192.168.254.254/, into your browser's address bar.
If you find six (6) options under Gateway Options, proceed to Step 4.
If you find only three (3) options under Gateway Options, select GO to the right of Log In: admin.
3. Log in with the appropriate username and password (frequently, "admin" is both the username and password).
4. Click Home Network on the lefthand side of the window.
5. Select Advanced Settings.
6. Select Configure the Local SpeedStream Gateway Wireless Network.
7. At this point, a Wireless Summary screen will appear. If your wireless network is already "on", you'll see Enabled in green next to State. You'll also find your SSID, Channel, and WEP or WPA key (Security Key Info). Armed with this information, you'll be able to configure the other wireless devices that you wish to add to your network. That's it!
If your wireless network is turned off, you'll see Disabled in the field next to State. To enable your wireless network, you can call the Frontier Internet Help Desk at (800) 239-4430 and we can walk you through the necessary steps, or, you can continue to follow our directions.